Students with concerns or service requests should first contact the appropriate department for assistance. A list of concerns and departmental contact information is included in the table at the end of this section. The following information may also be helpful:
- UA Grantham has an “open door” policy – any staff member or department can be contacted via phone or email.
- Academic-related requests may be made by submitting the Academic Appeal Form available on GLife.
- Grade appeals and similar academic concerns should be made following the policy outlined in the University Catalog. The appropriate UA Grantham personnel will analyze and then attempt to remedy the situation.
- All student concerns or service requests will be routed to the appropriate department.
- Appropriate UA Grantham staff members will analyze the concern or service request and attempt to remedy the situation, generally within five business days but no longer than 30 business days.
- Students should include their UA Grantham student number (GID) in all correspondence.
Students whose concerns or service requests are not timely resolved at the departmental level may file a grievance with the University Ombudsman. The ombudsman is charged with resolving disputes within the University community and does not act on behalf of any party, but rather as an advocate for fairness between all parties. Student grievances should be addressed to:
Office of the Ombudsman
University of Arkansas Grantham
2404 N University Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72207
UA Grantham is operating under NC-SARA policies; complaints against an institution operating under NC-SARA policies go first through the institution’s own procedures for resolution of grievances, see above. If a person bringing a complaint is not satisfied with the outcome of the institutional process for handling complaints, the complaint (except for complaints about grades or student conduct violations) may be appealed, within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made, to the SARA Portal Entity in the home state at https://kansasregents.org/resources/PDF/Academic_Affairs/3257-ComplaintForm_SARAinstitutions.pdf
The mailing address for the Kansas Board or Regents is 1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520 Topeka, KS 66612-1368
Students whose concerns are related to areas of noncompliance with DEAC standards and policies may address their concerns directly to:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1101 17th NW, Suite 808
Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone: (202) 234-5100
If an individual (student, staff, or faculty) desires to make an anonymous complaint regarding UA Grantham’s compliance with federal and state regulations and DEAC accreditation standards and policies, please contact:
University of Arkansas Grantham Ethics Helpline
Phone: (866) 252-9838
Additional Contact Information:
Academic Appeals and Concerns
Contact your Student Advisor
Contact your Student Advisor
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4437
College of Business, Management, and Economics
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4323
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4452
College of Nursing and Health Professions
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4628
College of Science, Engineering, and Technology
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4738
Financial Aid Department
(866) 850-2980 ext. 839
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4442
(800) 955-2527 ext. 738
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4562
Title IX (discrimination concerns)
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4531
Transfer Credit Evaluation
(800) 955-2527 ext. 4615